Re: Meeting August 26th - Sept 3rd?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:

Hey I'm married anyway, although I think the single men far outnumber the
married ones.  I guess from their perspective more woment would be nice.
From my perspective we are just matching the demographics of a true LEGO
town :-).

That's pretty sad... i think we've got 4 out of 14 members as women?
something like that... 2 or 3 out of... what 50+ now in new england? hmm
must be the water :)

Well we have 115 people on our mailing list.  I would guess 10-15 of those are
members at large so that leaves about 100.  Now not all of those have been to a
meeting.  I think if you count just those that have made 1 or more meetings
then your 50+ number is probably accurate.  I would say we probably have 20 to
30 people I would consider real active members.

I think Suz and Karen Miller are the only women that I have actually met that
are members.  That is kind of sad and I hope it isn't scaring women away,
although I doubt it is because unless they came to a meeting how would they
know.  Besides if their "lookin for Luv" this might be the right place I
suspect at least one of our single male members must have some redeming values
;-) GD&R.

Eric