Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:58:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Chris Leach writes:
Why we are talking about buildings it has pretty much agreed on
by most people in the club that personal MOC's will be placed on display
first then if room kits from other AFOLS (ie non Michigan people
designed/built)can fill any space left.This was discussed the other day at
Contraption.

Sorry I missed it. I have been working up the (small) space allotted to me
to make a good looking display without regard to where the buildings came
from. I think that's more important (to have it look cohesive and look like
the buildings belong together) than where they came from.

But if the entire group feels differently I will have to rethink what order
I put things in if there is a risk that some of that space will be taken
away because it was used for buildings built from (non LEGO) kits.

Maybe you could have more than one building for some of the locations and swap
them in and out as the day proceeds. Then visitors could (potentially) see
something new each time they came back. This is a big advantage for
out baseplate oriented set-up

Lester