Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:28:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Your submarine is nice as a first model but I
personally would have used MANY more LEGO bricks, LEGO plates, and LEGO
baseplates, especially those nice big blue LEGO baseplates but then again, I
may have simply wanted to be accurate but that is merely my interpretation
of that creation but to each (person belongs) their own (view in life).

Rick may have been trying to fit his sub into the space allotted to him in
the layout.

But it does beg the question, is it so small that it's too far below minifig
scale even with selective compression? These things are monster sized. I
would tend to vote "no it isn't" because I think it's cute and will be a
good conversation starter on the layout.

Especially since it will be in the corner! That's prime space.

Rick may want to consider working up some details to go with it... a wharf
that it's tied up at, some guards, some sailors loading stuff, maybe some
guy fishing who's actually a spy with binoculars, a small police boat
patrolling for saboteurs, etc. etc...