Re: Building priorities (was Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 04:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
*I* am not hung up on where exactly they came from

I'd like to see all home-brew stuff, and I think we can make people say "WOW"
with stuff we build ourselves, but we didn't agree on this in advance, so I'd
say bring what you like this time. Then lets decide what the policy will be • for
the next show, make everyone who wants to contribute aware of the policy, and
stick to it.

Feel free to ignore the following advice from an outsider...

I reccomend against a policy which requires everything to be home brew. If that
had been the rule in our recent show in Raleigh, I would have had just a
handfull of things to display (water tower, box car, tank car, engine). There
would have been nothing running on our 12V line, the kids in our group would
have had nothing in their display, etc.

With a "only MOCs" policy, with where I am right now, I might have even blown
off the event (work has been a real drag, I spent about 9 hours Saturday, and
will go back in for more Sunday).

Unless one is building a display like the GMLTC, I think it is actually good to
have some recognizeable sets. In fact one problem I have with the GMLTC display
is that it is so absolutely unreachable by most FOLs.

Well, like I said, take this for what it's worth and do what feels right for
your group.

Frank