Re: plywood
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:56:47 GMT

I think most of our time savings will come from knowing where everything goes
ahead of time.

I think we will be a lot better off this time than in January because we'll
have the plan WITH US (sorry Chris) and you guys have spent a lot of time
fine-tuning it.

On the other hand, our tear-down would be a lot quicker with a modular
system.  Taking that thing apart last time took FOREVER, and I haven't seen
anything so far this time that's going to help us out there.

Scott, your point that a lot of this comes from just a few people is a good
one.  For Chris, especially, prebuilding and storing this would be tough.
(And no, I didn't take any offense from your reply.)  On the other hand,
from a personal point of view I know my part would be a lot easier if I knew
I'd have this 40" x 40", 16 baseplate region every time... and the rail
crosses through it here and here... and I could just build everything on it
and transport that one piece.

Amy, regarding your note about a lot of the buildings too big to do that
with--you're right, but I've got other concerns about that that I've
previously expressed to Chris.  I think a few big buildings are great, but I
don't think we want too many.  If everyone starts building huge, we're going
to end up with a very strange city.  I for one am going to keep building 1
and 2 baseplate buildings.  The majority of any city is not its downtown...
so maybe we can have a modular section and a non-modular downtown with the
bigger buildings.

Peter