Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:22:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Rick Hallman writes:

BOOOOOOOOOOOM! BTW, what is with MichLUG and Miami Valley?

They "won" (1) first place at the January show so ever since there has been
a bit of ribbing of them (2) by some of us.

1 - as in the GATS people chose them, although it's billed as a "people's
choice".

2 - which they presumably are totally unaware of since none of them hang out
here, they are "big strong serious modular model railroaders" who are way
above our brand of good clean fun. Or something like that.

++Lar (who does not advocate launching missiles but who is wondering if some
other folks are, given the missile silos and now the missile sub. :-) Those
MV guys will never know what hit them. Not that I am advocating that!!!)