Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 01:10:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Rick may have been trying to fit his sub into the space allotted to him in
the layout.

I was. I am planning a bigger one when i can get a poo-load of red and black.

But it does beg the question, is it so small that it's too far below minifig
scale even with selective compression? These things are monster sized. I
would tend to vote "no it isn't" because I think it's cute and will be a
good conversation starter on the layout.

Especially since it will be in the corner! That's prime space.

I'll sell it to ya for 3 Galaxy Exolprers.

Rick may want to consider working up some details to go with it... a wharf
that it's tied up at, some guards, some sailors loading stuff, maybe some
guy fishing who's actually a spy with binoculars, a small police boat
patrolling for saboteurs, etc. etc...

I may need some help on this part.

That's some neat stuff, but isn't the entire display flat? How would a warf
fit in?

Rick