 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 519
Re: Track Plan - final version?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:35:17 GMT

I tweaked. The updated tdl is v-D0014K.tdl; JPEG version of that is
v-D0014K..jpg (so people can see it without Track Designer) and the jpeg
with building labels (including lots of ???'s) is "Building Layout.jpg".
All on our X-drive.

Excellent idea, but in my mind's eye, I see a whole lot more buildings
and layout than what you've represented in "Building layout.jpg".
Also, I don't think we have to stick so religiously to the square
baseplate structure.  Perhaps you've intended this, and are only
showing the general "zoning" of the space.  If so, ignore the rest of
this post  ;-).

Examples:

- I see a variety of houses, of varying sizes and shapes instead of
just one per baseplate.

- A building or two on the diagonal, or with rounded walls (easy
enough to make with enough 1x3's for example).

- The mountain should be somehow behind and underneath the monorail
track on the south side of the blob, as well as the east side of the
blob.  Perhaps there could be a tunnel to nowhere at the end of the
road heading into the mountain.

- We should continue to develop some smaller items, as per mine and
Kevin's list, that could go in the smaller areas, like the corners of
the layout, near curves in the track, etc.

Just some rambling,

Robin