 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 544
Re: Building organisation methods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:52:51 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Dean Husby wrote:
Where do we want the tanks?
I also want to make a small pump house on the grounds...

In the "building layout.jpg" file I put the tanks inside the bottom
right area of the loop on the right hand side of the layout. Anyone
gotta better idea? Dean, why on a curve road plate? Won't a straight
road plate do?

I'm using a curved plate because then I can have the trucks use it as a
drive way and loading zone. I still have to build the equipment.

You've got the corner store and office building WAY back (5') in the corner
where it won't be seen. I suggest moving the Oil tanks and Office building
around. Since we are going to have a train/monorail station on the back
right side of the layout anyway.  If we were to change the road as I put it
in 15 it would free up a square of patch to the right of the town hall.
This is where I would suggest moving the market. Keep the back 5' (Back 40)
for larger non descriptor items (Like fuel tanks) and tract housing???

The house directly below the town hall will actually be a Switch track
house.

How many (And positions) switch tracks do we need to be auto switching?

I've just uploaded plan 16 showing a new set of track on the right back.
It's going to be for the factory/Train repair area. I'll have to make a
huge train repair bay.

What do you guys think?

Dean
--