 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 551
Re: Building organisation methods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 06:45:19 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Dean Husby wrote:

You've got the corner store and office building WAY back (5') in the corner
where it won't be seen. I suggest moving the Oil tanks and Office building
around. Since we are going to have a train/monorail station on the back
right side of the layout anyway.

I think that's a good idea. If we put the oil tanks down by the airport
they can provide fuel for the planes, and over on the right side is
about teh nearest we can get the back of the office building to the edge
of the layout so people can see the inside.

That sounds good.

If we were to change the road as I put it
in 15 it would free up a square of patch to the right of the town hall.
This is where I would suggest moving the market. Keep the back 5' (Back 40)
for larger non descriptor items (Like fuel tanks) and tract housing???

By market you mean the corner store, not the one with stalls? I was
thinking the corner store would be out with the houses in teh real
world, not in teh city centre. I'm thinking too that the town hall at
32x64 is too big - it takes up too much space for just one thing. Better
to have several smaller buildings in teh same space.

Yes, Corner store. I was thinking this would also be a good place for the beach
folk to get snacks...

I like your road change better now I think about it. It frees up more
space up front of the layout rather than at the back. What are the 2
cross tracsk over on teh left side representing?

Ya, it also allows for the fake tunnel.

The house directly below the town hall will actually be a Switch track
house.
How many (And positions) switch tracks do we need to be auto switching?

The ones which we can't reach from the operators hole. On the left,
those would be the two at the front of the layout (the two nearer the
back are within reach). On the right hand side, the 2 at the right edge
and the one at top centre. That's five, is that too many? Is there room
for switch houses? It looks as though there is.

That's alot of resources but I'll see what I can do.
I can tell you more after I 'soft switch' my first switch. If it's a real pain I
may  not want to do more... we shall see.

I've just uploaded plan 16 showing a new set of track on the right back.
It's going to be for the factory/Train repair area. I'll have to make a
huge train repair bay.

That looks fine. Don't forget you're doing the container crane/dock too
:-)

Am I? Hmmm... I'll have to prod Claus to aid me in  it's construction. Since I
don't have any ship stuff.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html