 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 577
Re: Proposed building areas - land grab time!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 05:54:45 GMT

Bryan Wong wrote:

I've written to Robin privately, asking where he lives.  Hopefully he can
lend me a few pieces of track so I can see how to fit them in (I've never
seen a piece of track in person!).  Also, how will I know WHERE to put the
track?  (i.e. top of baseplate, middle, bottom, etc)

The layout pictures are pretty accurate as to where the track goes. But
if you make your ledge for the track, a couple studs wider then the
actual track, then we'll have some wiggle room. I'm having the same
interesting time with the double track along the back of the water,
which I'm building at the moment.!

So I have two baseplates of space to build an airport terminal and monorail
station?  Isn't that too small of a space?

Shouldn't be. The 2 baseplates is all the *building*, so you don't need
to leave any space round it (although obviously an interesting building
isn't going to be just a plain rectangle, tehre will be ins and outs to
its perimeter). The monorail stn could be inside the building itself, on
the upper floor (or even the 3rd floor considering it's supposed to be
12 bricks off the ground). The building itself should be a good deal
bigger than a std Lego set airport - otherwise it won't look right
agaist the MOCs elsewhere on the layout.

Are we trying to include too many buildings in too small of an area?

Yes, but then that's the nature of the beast. There is *never* enough
space in a train layout - it's a rule!

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit