 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 648
Re: Proposed building areas - land grab time!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 06:44:49 GMT

Let's work together on this then.  I've got some ideas too.  Perhaps
we could look after 68,69,82,83,96, and 97?

Okay... But how will we coordinate this??  You give me ideas and I build it?  :)

No, I can do some building there as well (Work can wait! ... :-).
I'll take a better look at it tomorrow and give you a better report of
what I think we could do there.  If you have a good idea of what you'd
planned for the mountain and any other ideas for those 6 plates, post
them.  If you know the size and shape of your mountain already, let me
know.

  http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/1000/1682/1682-08.html
  (don't know why half these instruction scans are upside down!!)

After turning my head upside down, I have acquainted myself with the angled
driveway baseplate.  :)  Looks like it'll fit!

Yes, it lines up with the regular road plates, although it is
narrower.  Just like real life.  You know, you're flying down the
road, and all of sudden you round a corner and the road turns into a
one lane gravel "path".  The road to Hemlock ski resort comes to mind.

Anyway, another method, which may be even better, would be to build up
a bit of a road with plates.  We could leave a main grey plate road
going winding it's way eventually to the tunnel, and perhaps have a
brown or tan trail (hikers, mountain bikes, etc.) leaving the main
road if we wanted.  Lots of options.  What do you think?

I've got some brown plates (mostly small), but not very many tan plates...

I could probably take care of a path or two with the brown plates that
I have.

I'll post more tomorrow.  Meanwhile put your thinking cap on and post!

Robin