 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10227
Re: scan time....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 00:11:08 GMT

Michael Purvis wrote:
"well robot #14 of my 230 entrants can sing the national anthem AND push a mac truck
UP the side of the empire state building"

hmm.  I was thinking it could push a cruse ship, which is the size of the empire
state building...

my mom got me a Bionicle for X-mas.

My mom and my wife both bought me LEGO sets for X-mas.  But there was nothing as
fun as a Bionicle set.

maybe the TOA mask of  power will help my robot?  (smirk)

I doubt it can hurt your robot.  :)

ya, I've played around with that as well.  I have one kooky idea where I just did this:

-------------not real code------------
x = 0
y = 0

loop  5 times
x = x + 1
if  LXsensor > highest_red_colour_value {assign_ a_ value; oh and Y = Y + 1)
end loop

IF X <> Y {then we have an "issue" }

return to win game

---------------end not real code-----------------

so, what do you do if you have an "issue"?

I have a couple suggestions for overall programming.  Given that the lighting
conditions at the event are not known (at this time) it may be hard to predict
if "empty" will be higher or lower than "black" and/or "red".

I'd suggest creating a range of values for both black and red, and put them in
#define statements at the beginning of your program.

Like:
#define black_min 30
#define black_max 32
#define red_min 40
#define red_max 42

Then make sure all your checks use these constants.

And, (if it were me) I'd just take about 10 readings and average them.  I would
expect "empty" readings to be all over the place, and "black" or "red" to be
pretty constant.

But that's just me.

Steve
"... way smarter..."