 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10211
Re: scan time....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:58:39 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

First off, everyone in Toronto HATES the Barenaked Ladies.

WHAT are you talking about..... I'm from toronto, and I don't hate these guys.

Well, I do, and so do others:

http://www.acmi.canoe.ca/JamMusicArtistsB/barenaked.html

"The Barenaked Ladies don't mind that Canadians burned out on them. Really, they
don't.  It was being abandoned completely that hurt."

"While some Canadian journalists were penning "Where Are They Now?" stories or
doggedly ignoring the goofy acoustic band many had come to know and hate..."

And another one from Amazon.com:

"Barenaked Ladies received enough exposure to generate a backlash. Each of their
three subsequent releases sold less than the previous one."

WHAT kind of freak are you. and who authorized you to speak on behalf of Toronto?

David Miller.  Jesus, you didn't get the press release?  Don't try to be hip
with the natives with say BNL or god forbid, Len.

Calum