 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10220
Re: scan time....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:04:50 GMT

as a POINTLESS bit of trivia, the song is VERY loosely based on a store at a real
location near Jane St. and St. Clair Ave.

near where I grew up.

I thought Calum was the only person capable of being SO WRONG about some
Canadian music trivia.  Congratulations Chris, you are the new Tzatziki King!!
The real story is (and I heard this in a BNL interview/life story bit so it's
accurate):

They were sitting around with a produced/collaborator type and the guy was
looking at a map of Toronto.  By random chance, he saw the Jane and St. Clair
intersection and said "ooo, such a pretty name for a girl"... and the rest is
history.  Little did he know that there isn't much at all pretty at that
intersection.  The most memorable thing is the junk yard.

Mario

P.S.  Calum will probably win the Tzatziki crown back in no time, so enjoy it
while you can.