 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10362
Re: scan time....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:53:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>

Calum
PS-alright Mario, come raining tzatziki on me...

* admittedly the lyric "Who's the beard?  It's Robertson Davies!" is pretty damn
hilarious.

The above post reminded me of this strip
http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=861 (last panel)

Unfortunately I had to wait till today to post it since it's today's strip.

Strikes me that deciding something is bad because a lot of other people like it
is just as messed up as deciding something is good because a lot of other people
like it.

There are people who jump from fad to fad 'cause they want to be 'the first',
and once that fad catches on, they get irritated and go find the next whatever.

I think it was one of the Star Trek biographies that mentioned it--there were
people who 'loved the show' 'cause no one else did, but when the show became
popular in syndication, these 'fans' got disenfranchised and stopped liking the
show.

For myself, I like what I like 'cause what I like makes me happy.  Other
people's opinions, while a factor, are not the deciding factor.  If other
people's opinions were the mitigating factors, I would have put away the LEGO
bricks years ago, for certain parental units and some friends of mine have made
it known since I was around 15 that LEGO creating wasn't cool beyond that age.

Baah, rambling now...

(what else is new?)

Dave K