 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10230
Re: scan time....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 05:58:54 GMT

fun as a Bionicle set.

maybe the TOA mask of  power will help my robot?  (smirk)

I doubt it can hurt your robot.  :)

do you mock the power of the Toa???

damn, I cant type that with a straight face... I just bust out
laughing.....

And, (if it were me) I'd just take about 10 readings and average them.  I would
expect "empty" readings to be all over the place, and "black" or "red" to be
pretty constant.

But that's just me.

just to confirm this.... the library uses some "funky"
florescent-IR-flooding-Quartz-metal-hydride-tungsten-reinforced lights,
that really mess-up light sensors.

!!!AS WELL!!!

not only do the lights mess with with readings  BUT because kids (and
people) will be all around the game boards, and moving, causing
shadows..... the readings change from time to time....

unlike michael, and Steve, I will be taking 425 thousand samples per
cell. and then running it through a opening HASH table that will tell
me  the exact HUE, of red, black or empty.

if I have any left over variable, I will use the spare processing power
of the RCX to create an image of the other half of the room.    then
send that data to a free microscout to run a "shades of grey" plotter to
draw the image.

Chris
"It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of
it."  K.C.