 Off-Topic / Debate / 9957
Re: Toys used to be so much better
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:15:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Lane writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Aaron West writes:

Anybody know how Spike could sit inside Bumblebee?
Because he turned into a VW Beetle that's how Duhh!

Or how Soundwave could shoot with Megatron?
Dunno.

They recently did an 'I love 198x' thing on telly, showing transformers
amongst the brat-pack movie clips.  They slated Soundwave, asking how this
giant robot turned into a little tape player - completely missing the point
that the toy was just the right size, as was Megatron's gun.  Mind you, they
showed clips of Blaster, not Soundwave.  Doh.  To cap it all, they finished
the Brat-Pack bit by asking what happened to Judd Nelson.  Duhh! He provided
voices for the movie you were just showing clips from! Hello!

And just where did Optimus Prime's trailer go when he transformed?
I assume he left it behind like the toy does.

Hmm - and Thundercracker's hands disappear down the back of a sofa just
off-screen.

I never actually got to see the cartoon.

Steve

Well, you're in for a treat on the 28th, Steve m'laddio...

Jason J Railton