 Off-Topic / Debate / 9938
Re: Toys used to be so much better
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:54:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
Christopher Snead at chalcedony@hotmail.com wrote:

As for today, I really like the Evangelion figures around.  They're
super-posable and made out of pretty good plastic.  But where has all the
die-cast metal gone?  Can you imagine how cool a partially die-cast metal
Gundam toy would be?

Die-cast metal is expensive to produce and ship. However, the Macross Plus
figures I posted the link to have some die cast parts. :^)

  This isn't really Mecha-related, but your mention of die-cast puts me in
mind of Solido military vehicles.  Solido, of course, has for decades
offered a wide range of civilian as well as military vehicles, but they used
to make 1/43 scale armor that was ultra-cool. They still make smaller-scale
stuff, but it's not the same for me.  I was thinking of buying a house just
so I could mortgage it to buy some Solido on eBay, but now I wonder about
the practical logistics of such a move...

     Dave!