 Off-Topic / Debate / 9946
Re: Toys used to be so much better
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:57:17 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote:
I didn't seem to have any trouble playing with mine. If you like the big
Barbie-sized figures, there's a toy line out right now called "Ultimate
Soldier" and you can even several large, extremely expensive vehicles for
them.

The Ultimate Soldier brand looks pretty impressive. I don't know how
their quality is, but their figures and accessories look good,
especially the vehicles, just a couple months ago, my TRU had a Ultimate
Soldier Bradley box on the floor and opened. That thing's bigger than
some kids toy boxes...

They also have some 3 3/4" stuff.

The small size made the 3 3/4" Joes inexpensive, so I could get a new figure
every couple weeks just by saving up my allowance and doing extra chores.
More figures, more badguys to save the world from. Even the vehicles weren't
too much, so on birthdays or Christmas, I could potentially receive several
vehicles for my Joes to cruise around in.

Smaller is definitely better. One of my most heavily played with toys
were actually those little people made out of pompoms. I appropriated
all sorts of toys for them, you could build extensive houses out of
wooden blocks, and we even used some of our old Playskool stuff with
them. Of course the green army men provided the occaisional invading
force... The other heavily played with stuff was HO and 1/72nd scale WW
II, which frequently overran my HO model railroad.

The important thing in our toys was definitely that we could buy them
with our allowance.

Hey, did YOUR Joes have an Aircraft Carrier?

http://www.YoJoe.com/vehicles/85/ussflagg/

I saw that at a flea market a couple years ago. Pretty impressive.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com