 Off-Topic / Debate / 9948
Re: Toys used to be so much better
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:12:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
Mark Sandlin wrote:
I didn't seem to have any trouble playing with mine. If you like the big
Barbie-sized figures, there's a toy line out right now called "Ultimate
Soldier" and you can even several large, extremely expensive vehicles for
them.

The Ultimate Soldier brand looks pretty impressive. I don't know how
their quality is, but their figures and accessories look good,
especially the vehicles, just a couple months ago, my TRU had a Ultimate
Soldier Bradley box on the floor and opened. That thing's bigger than
some kids toy boxes...

  There's a newish line of WWII figures in 1/18 scale--not GIJoe, but even
cooler, in my view.  They're not as highly articulated as GIJoe, but they're
more realistic.  They also have a few vehicles, including a tank and a
Mustang, both in 1/18 scale.  Very nice, but more expensive per figure than
GIJoe was (though maybe not, when you adjust for inflation.)
  I know many among us are opposed to military-style toys or toy weapons in
general, but even from a simply historical viewpoint these are some nice items!

     Dave!