 Off-Topic / Debate / 9919
Re: Toys used to be so much better
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Lane writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Aaron West writes:

Anybody know how Spike could sit inside Bumblebee?

Because he turned into a VW Beetle that's how Duhh!

Or how Soundwave could shoot with Megatron?

Dunno.

And just where did Optimus Prime's trailer go when he transformed?

I assume he left it behind like the toy does. I never actually got to see
the cartoon.

Steve

You not watch cartoon, that why you not understand...
1) Spike was human, average size.  Bumblebee, the robot, was average human
size.  When he transforms, suddenly he's bigger than a human.  Whatever
happened to physics?!  Conservation of matter?!?  Einstein would roll over
in his grave, relatively speaking.
2)Soundwave was a robot that turned into a tape-boombox (another size
mystery), big robot, teeny object.  Megatron was a robot that turned into a
Walther p-38 modified pistol.  Big robot, teeny object.  Doozy...
3)Optimus' trailer would vanish, and no, it wasn't made from energon cubes.

Toy/TV just blows.  Yes I watched it, yes.  I even watched Thundercats and
customized all my freakin' LEGO into the entire goofy line, playsets an'
all.  Yes, I was a media slave to all that
currently-residing-over-at-cartoon-network junk when I were little.  Heck, I
don't debate that transforming toys were cool, just that Hasbro goofed up a
really good first line with lower quality releases in later lines.  Why?
Well, they were not directly responsible for that first line were they?
They bought that stuff from another company in Japan and then brought us a
TV series on the Great Blue God Box (otherwise known as television).
I guess it all became personal that one fateful X-Mas day...
Captain West, LSF Ertbergle (thanks for the title, Lt. Muffin Head!)