 Off-Topic / Debate / 9901
Re: Toys used to be so much better
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:26:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Lane writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Aaron West writes:

Transformers still suck.
Captain West, LSF Ertbergle

I can't believe you said that! My jaw has just dropped onto the floor! Are
you MAD! Their robots that turn into things! What aspect of Tranformers
isn't totally brilliant?

Steve

Transformations *are* cool, big freakin' robots *are* cool, but Hasbro's
Transformers *do* suck.  So did the cartoon.  Anybody know how Spike could
sit inside Bumblebee?  Or how Soundwave could shoot with Megatron?  And just
where did Optimus Prime's trailer go when he transformed?
My vendetta began when I was a wee lad and the ones that I received for
X-Mas broke after transforming 3 times, and I am a very careful person.
Besides, all of my old Robotech/Macross toys kicked a** on all points,
transformation, appearance in a modes, quality of material.  Every now and
again I dig out my old Transformers, and they just suck.  I even tried some
of the newer ones (within the last five years) and they still suck.  Give me
a Robotech Alpha Fighter, Cyclone Battle Armor or SDF-1 Superfortress any
day.  In the mean time, I stand by my lines.
And building transformable mecha outta LEGO kicks a** on the fun points.
Oh, and the Transformers movie sucked too.
And for a list of other things that suck, request a follow-up answer.
Captain West, LSF Ertbergle.