 Off-Topic / Debate / 4289
Re: Quiet in here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 02:09:39 GMT

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:15:02 GMT, Steve Bliss
<blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Naturally, as a current soldier/former veteran, I would like to see McCain
win the nomination.  It's been too long since there was a vet at 1600
Pennsylvania.

Personally, I don't see what advantage there is to having a Pres. who's main
claim to veteran fame is that he was a POW.  I'd rather elect a retired general
-- at least, we'd know he can lead.

Well, speaking as a veteran, I'd rather have someone in office who
knows firsthand what the real consequences of armchair warfare are for
real soliders.  I'd value the leadership that a retired general could
bring to the office but I'd also value the experiences a common
soldier, especially one who has seen actual combat, could bring as
well.

Put another way, I'd trust the judgement of McCain in sending our
fighting men and women out to take care of business a lot more than
I'd trust Gore's.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html