 Off-Topic / Debate / 4288
Re: Noise Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 01:04:01 GMT

Larry,

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Why? Sometimes, it just seems so pointless, futile, and just makes me
upset. I prefer talking about LEGO rather than politics sometimes. It
calms the nerves when there aren't so many debates for me, at least.

Well that's true. It seems we've dredged up the same old arguments. I'd
rather that the thread i kicked off focus on the mechanics of the
campaign rather than ideologies but one can't control one's thread.

Hmm.... I am not a huge fan of the entire political process, I am not a
huge fan of anything in politics, really. I pick my sides and the people
I support, I never even got involved really until I started seeing how
screwed up things were when I went to Ohio State. I learn new things
every day, but sometimes, it gets tiresome. I like the saying, I think
it's time for another Tea Party. I guess that explains my frustrations
with the whole thing. I think the government will grow bigger and bigger
until something catastrophic happens, no matter what it is. Maybe then
people will wake up.

I sense your frustration too, Larry, I know the process makes you and
other Libertarians frustrated, but I guess I am too much of a pessimist
to really believe things will change. I hope they will, I hope maybe one
day we will see a freer society for everyone, who knows? I am really
frustrated with the way off.topic.debate has been going lately. Just
because I happen to believe something different, that doesn't go along
with political correctness, I am somehow dumb, extremist, etc. I have
been getting this for 6 years now, and it is very tiring. Anyway, I am
babbling so I think I will sign off. I think I agree with you around
95-99% of the time, Larry, so I can't be all that bad, except for
leftists perspective!

Scott