 Off-Topic / Debate / 4261
Re: Quiet in here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 05:02:40 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

Hmm.. another reason to have a CLOSED Republican primary.

Like that's going to stop me. I'll just register republican. It's not
like you have to sign an oath or anything. I used to switch
registrations in NY all the time so I could vote in the D primary. I
still have my republican membership card around here somewhere, too...

That's interesting, Larry. Why do you that?

Because with a rigged ersatz 2 party system, it's sometimes the only
time I get to influence the decision. Influencing who the nominee is may
have a bigger impact than voting in the general. In NY especially, I
lived in heavily democratic areas. The demo primary was the real
election, the general was just for show.

Ditto for here in West M except c/D/R/

Besides, I vote L in the general.

If Engler had any sense he'd get behind a candidate that can draw
crossover voters instead of one that panders to the foaming fanatics
like dubya does.

Man, Larry. And I thought the leftists on here were bad.

For a sec there I thought you were going to call me a liberal... A
charge I'd gladly embrace... me and TJ.

So you like dubya, huh??? What? You don't think dubya's a machine
candidate, a poltroon who was born with a spoon up his nose? Like I
said, Bob Jones and his crowd can bite me. Further...

That whole flag thing disgusted me. dubya was pandering to the racists.
And you know my stance on the civil war, the south was perfectly
justified in seceding and John Brown was perfectly justified in arming
the slaves to kick some plantation owner butt... At this point that darn
flag is a symbol of racism, not state's rights.

I just want to see the machine brought down. McCain is not a machine
candidate.

Not like I care, really, there's not a lot of difference between R and
D... but dubya, he's the worst serious candidate since Pat Robertson
ran.

Then why do you bother at all? Why not just vote for Gore and get it
over with? I am tired of hearing that Democrats and Republicans are are
the same, they are not.

Both major parties are evil, just in different ways. And when it comes
to rigging elections so no other party can get a toehold, they are 100%
identical.

I'll say this, I ain't very keen on McCain's campaign finance "reform"
stuff. But Bush's way of trying to counter it was way lame. Makes me
wonder if I shouldn't support Alan Keyes. He's loony tunes when it comes
to personal behaviour but at least he's pro free speech, pro 2nd
amendment and anti tax.

Naa... Where he's right about something, the LP was there first, and
where he's wrong about something, he makes me as ill as the rest of
them.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!