 Off-Topic / Debate / 4271
Re: Quiet in here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:10:02 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:
Can anyone tell me of one religious right organization that advocates
killing anyone or bombing clinics? Not that I know if. Just because some
idiot does these kind of things, does not mean everyone wants this. I
certainly don't.

Well, there are organizations. What was that web site that posted a
"most wanted list". There have also been highly visible personalities
whoi have come pretty close to endorsing clinic bombing. Then there's
all the folks who seem to think Rudy? (the guy who's hiding out in the
NC mountaints) is a hero for leaving a bomb at a clinic which injured a
cop.

Lindsay, please get a clue. There are extremists on the
left as well, folks. Sitting in a tree for two years, praying to Mother
Gaia that it won't get chopped down. Chaining yourself to the Golden
gate bridge, causing hours of gridlock because trees are going to get
chopped down, splashing animal blood onto fur coats, breaking and
entering into research labs because they use animals.

Yes, there are extremists of all sorts, but I see less public acceptance
of the tree huggers etc.

Well, all of you leftists that seem to preach diversity so much, doesn't
seem your diversity reaches people that don't agree with you. Fine. And
people wonder why I have not been around debate lately.

I seek diversity, but I also don't think that diversity gives licence to
extremists of any sort.

I also don't see the religion that I am a member of seeking to have it's
equivalent of the Ten Comandments posted in every school (of course in
one way, we don't need to, many of our principles are ensconced in the
Constitution and Bill of Rights, I always get a bit of a laugh when
people want the US to take up the religion of the founding fathers, I
don't think they've looked in too much detail at some of those founding
fathers...).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com