 Off-Topic / Debate / 4265
Re: Quiet in here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:50:59 GMT

To All, and Lindsay in particular,

I am getting really tired of getting labeled as an extremist, a nut,
etc. just because I don't worship leftist policies. Just because I have
religious convictions, and that I am conservative, I seem to be
automatically associated as some sort of lunatic. Here is a great
example of this:

But if you want to talk about sabotage, remember that it's just as easy for devoted
Republicans to sabotage Democratic primaries (just not this year)--and I'd argue
that the same fanatical zeal that makes religious-right groups mobilize to picket
or bomb Planned Parenthood clinics

Can anyone tell me of one religious right organization that advocates
killing anyone or bombing clinics? Not that I know if. Just because some
idiot does these kind of things, does not mean everyone wants this. I
certainly don't. Lindsay, please get a clue. There are extremists on the
left as well, folks. Sitting in a tree for two years, praying to Mother
Gaia that it won't get chopped down. Chaining yourself to the Golden
gate bridge, causing hours of gridlock because trees are going to get
chopped down, splashing animal blood onto fur coats, breaking and
entering into research labs because they use animals.

Well, all of you leftists that seem to preach diversity so much, doesn't
seem your diversity reaches people that don't agree with you. Fine. And
people wonder why I have not been around debate lately.

Scott S.