 Off-Topic / Debate / 4259
Re: Quiet in here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:14:11 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

Hmm.. another reason to have a CLOSED Republican primary.

Like that's going to stop me. I'll just register republican. It's not
like you have to sign an oath or anything. I used to switch
registrations in NY all the time so I could vote in the D primary. I
still have my republican membership card around here somewhere, too...

That's interesting, Larry. Why do you that?

You sound like Engler whining... about how McCain's constituency stopped
the hardcore conservatives from picking an electable candidate. Bush vs
Gore? I think Gore would win. McCain vs Gore? I think Gore might
actually lose. Maybe.

I like Mccain in some points, I don't like him in others. I do think
letting people, mostly independents and Democrats voting in a Republican
primary is kind of weird, however. Especially when most Democrats do it
just to get back at Engler. They have no intention of voting for
Republicans regardless. They just want to upset x, y, or z.

If Engler had any sense he'd get behind a candidate that can draw
crossover voters instead of one that panders to the foaming fanatics
like dubya does.

Man, Larry. And I thought the leftists on here were bad.

Not like I care, really, there's not a lot of difference between R and
D... but dubya, he's the worst serious candidate since Pat Robertson
ran.

Then why do you bother at all? Why not just vote for Gore and get it
over with? I am tired of hearing that Democrats and Republicans are are
the same, they are not. And until a viable party comes along, I am
sticking with the Republicans. I really don't care who wins the
nomination, as long as Gore/Hillary/Clinton/Bradley, they are all the
same to me, are defeated. I think Mccain is going to get nuked as soon
as the press realizes that he is still a Republican, even though he
doesn't seem to support most of what Republicans stand for.

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html