 Off-Topic / Debate / 4256
Re: Quiet in here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:05:04 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

Hmm.. another reason to have a CLOSED Republican primary.

Like that's going to stop me. I'll just register republican. It's not
like you have to sign an oath or anything. I used to switch
registrations in NY all the time so I could vote in the D primary. I
still have my republican membership card around here somewhere, too...

You sound like Engler whining... about how McCain's constituency stopped
the hardcore conservatives from picking an electable candidate. Bush vs
Gore? I think Gore would win. McCain vs Gore? I think Gore might
actually lose. Maybe.

If Engler had any sense he'd get behind a candidate that can draw
crossover voters instead of one that panders to the foaming fanatics
like dubya does.

Not like I care, really, there's not a lot of difference between R and
D... but dubya, he's the worst serious candidate since Pat Robertson
ran.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!