 Off-Topic / Debate / 24519
Re: UN Gets It Right!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:49:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   War crimes immunity bid fails-“For the past two years, I have spoken quite strongly against the exemption and I think it would be unfortunate for one to press for such an exemption, given the prisoner abuse in Iraq”.

Cool. I think our one-sided participation in the “world community” is messed up. We should either withdraw from the UN, strap on the six-guns, and do our thing. Or pay our dues, submit to things like world courts, and go along to get along. I’m not actually sure which course would be better, but our current waffling sucks.

Chris