 Off-Topic / Debate / 22967
Re: Justice for all.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:57:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
Should Saddam should get a fair trial in Iraq? Whether he does or not, well
we'll see I guess, but that seems to be what Dubya wants.

I'm just wondering whether the many non-US citizens who've been held in
Guantanamo Bay for over 2 year without charge, and who aren't even alleged to
have been responsible for the murder of tens maybe hundreds of thousands of
people, deserve a fair trial in their own country too?

I guess not...

ROSCO

I think this is why Dubya is keeping such a "I have my own opinion but I'll keep
it to myself and let the Iraqis decide..."

I mean, the hypocricy can only go so far...  "Hey!  Look over there!!  We
captured SH!!  Don't look over here, what with the hit on civil liberties, the
people locked up in Cuba, the unemployment rate... don't mind soldiers are still
dieing daily--we have SH!!!  Mission accomplished!  Daddy is so proud!!"

I wonder if it'll be a Just proceeding, in which all evidence can and would be
entered...

"SH, isn't it true you killed thousands of people???  Mass graves and whatnot??"

"Why yes it is, while the US administration was paying me off..."

"Isn't it true you had WoMD???"

"Why yes it is--the ones that the US administration sold me..."

Oh to see that....