 Off-Topic / Debate / 22991
Re: Justice for all.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:07:22 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   What do you think the punishment for reciprocal video humiliation should be?

Put Bush in front of the ICC? ;)

Some might suggest putting Dubya in front of something else...

Dave!

Since it’s illegal to threaten the life of the president of the US, I shall not tell you how I interpreted that line...

That said, I do not believe that Dubya did anything that would warrant such a measure. If he did what he did out of the idea that he’s doing ‘good for the ‘Merican people’, then we can debate whether it was good or not, but in his mind it was.

If he had some nefarious reason for doing what he did, that still, in my mind, wouldn’t warrant being put in front of ‘something else’... for he was given the go ahead by the gov’t and the ‘people’ of the USA. Yes there were protests and such, but, the bottom line, he still did what he wanted to--so, the question then is, “WHo’s the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?”

As a tangent to this topic, I don’t believe in capital punishment anyway. That said, there are a few people that I have heard of and saw in the news to whom I would love to place a bullet. One guy lived in St. Kitts, Ontario. I don’t believe in capital punishment, but I do believe that this man shouldn’t be alive right now. Eh, the contradictions are part of my basic human nature.

Anyway, I just hope that in a year Dubya will be facing his resignation from office.

Dave K