 Off-Topic / Debate / 22976
Re: Justice for all.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:59:40 GMT

Sort of presupposes that Saddam had them, despite the utter failure of the Dubya
administration to find them after months of searching (and after Rumsfeld
asserted that we knew exactly where the WoMD are).  Oh wait, I forgot, the
*real* reason we invaded Iraq was to liberate the Iraqis, right?  That was
always made very clear during the run-up to the war, right?

Ah, the pesky WoMD... I figure they all were sequestered to an undisclosed
location. Perhaps in Sweden. Maybe we should invade Sweden to go check. OK,
who's in?

As for this from the Beeb article where Blix talks about the WoMD that was
recently cited (a bit later on in the article) in this thread:

"US President George Bush has said the ex-Iraqi leader should pay the "ultimate
penalty" for his crime - a sign that he wants the death penalty to be used. "

I would not be sure of that interpretation.

I'm thinking *maybe* he means the ultimate penalty would be making Saddam listen
to all the talking heads and politicos drone on and on and on about this. (c.f.
that scene in Clockwork Orange where the poor ultraviolent lad (played by
Malcolm McD) has his eyelids wedged open so he can't look away from the
screen)...

what do you think?

(there's a smiley shortage in these parts right now so I left them out but the
astute reader knows where they go)

++Lar