 Off-Topic / Debate / 23032
Re: Justice for all.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 05:42:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:

<snip>

Have you ever been in court?  I don't think that burden of proof stuff
always works as well in actual practice as it does in theory.  Anyhow,
is there a link to the rules used by the ICC?  I'd like to read (ok skim)
them and see what they say about it.

Don

A tangent--

I read many newsgroups, and someone's .siggy file caought my eye--it says "I
don't believe in capital punishment anymore for when was the last time you saw a
rich person get executed"

I concur.

1) That's not the best reason to dislike it,

Agree, but it's a good one.

2) I know what forum that's from... :-)  so what do you think of habnut's recent
action? Was ryu being babyish or justified given everything?

Both parties were just childish--"It's my birthday so I wanted to post a
hottie!!  Why is everyone picking on me???"  "Oh fine!  If you don't want my
hotties then someone else can do it!!!"  This is where my 'put a sock in it' (or
EQ, 'quit yer ....') quotation usually factors in.  After what is it now, 60+
posts in various threads--grow up.  Everyone else chiming in with well wishes
for Ryu and wishing him back is one thing, but continuing the rant after all
these posts isn't helping anymore.  If this is such an issue, the moderator can
prevent 'new' posts from anyone but Ryu--problem solved.  I know that most
newsgoups have that ability--implement it.

I actually made my third or fourth post there tangentially related to this
issue--I 'bumped' Carmella :)

Y'know, for a bunch of people who profess to be LEGO enthusiasts--LEGO being
known throughout the world as a 'child's toy'--I find (per capita ;) ) that the
folks on LUGNET are the most mature people I've ever had dealings with on *any*
discussion group.(1)

Dave K
1-this is one of the prime factors why I really appreciate LUGNET and would hate
to see the degradation and/or obsolescence of said NG