 Off-Topic / Debate / 24516
24515  |  24517
Subject:
UN Gets It Right!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:33:50 GMT

The amazing thing is how noone in these nations seems to be bothered by the ICC... I tend to think the excuse of “others will sue us for this and that, blablabla” is rather lame, since being *accused* does not imply being *condemned*. If you’ve done nothing wrong, and the burden of proof is not on you, why worry?

That is a big “if”. But it looks like Bush will not get his way on this:

War crimes immunity bid fails-“For the past two years, I have spoken quite strongly against the exemption and I think it would be unfortunate for one to press for such an exemption, given the prisoner abuse in Iraq”.

Scott A