 Off-Topic / Debate / 22999
Re: Justice for all.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:41:16 GMT

Thank you.  That's half of the answer I was looking for.  Does anyone
have a link where the same impartial humanitarian organization
declares the Al-Jazeera footage humiliating?  I found some hints with
a quick google search, but nothing quite as definate as the Saddam
link.  I hate the way the passage of time erodes news archives on
the internet.

You really are grasping a straws; from their
<http://web.amnesty.org/pages/irq-faq_2-eng site>:

Heh, beat you to it.  http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=22983

Your point is facile. Even if nobody did condemn the way US troops were
treated (they did), that does not give your ‘president’ the right to break
the law by parading his trophies [both dead and alive] on TV.

I'm not sure I made a point, other than that google is not the best
way to search for old news.

Try: http://www.guardian.co.uk/ :)

I did find it before you did though, or
did you *purposely* leave out the other side of the story?  I'm new
here, so I don't know all the rules of .debate.

What do you think the punishment for reciprocal video humiliation
should be?

Put Bush in front of the ICC? ;)

Wouldn't someone first have to prove Bush himself gave the order to
broadcast videos?  I'm sure the guilty party will turn out to be someone
from the liberal media.  ;^)

By the way, what's the ICC?

The international criminal court; Bush refuses to sign up to it as your
countrymen *could* end up in jail *if* they commit war crimes. Frankly, I feel
war criminals belong in jail!

Scott A