 Off-Topic / Debate / 23054
Re: Justice for all.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:21:02 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:

snip

   Have you ever been in court? I don’t think that burden of proof stuff always works as well in actual practice as it does in theory. Anyhow, is there a link to the rules used by the ICC? I’d like to read (ok skim) them and see what they say about it.

Don

A tangent--

I read many newsgroups, and someone’s .siggy file caought my eye--it says “I don’t believe in capital punishment anymore for when was the last time you saw a rich person get executed”

In the case of the USA, I’d like to change that to: “I don’t believe in capital punishment anymore for when was the last time you saw a rich white person get executed.

It’s my feeling that the death penalty is barbaric. The way it is applied in the USA makes me feel very uneasy.

Scott A

I concur.

Dave K