 Off-Topic / Debate / 21045
Re: Should we be concerned?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:17:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Phillips wrote:
   Why do you suppose the FBI allowed 9/11 to happen? They had all the clues sitting right there on their desks. Either they are completely inept or else they decided that 3,000 civilian lives lost was a small price to pay to advance their agenda of totalitarianism.

This part might be a little hardcore for me -- I would like to think it cannot be true that it was allowed to happen, but then again...

I doubt very seriously that the Powers That Be really would have sat on their hands if they knew 3,000 people would die. My point is that they had all the clues and they should have had a better grip on what was about to happen than they did. Even if they had little chance of preventing it from happening, the record has shown that they actively ignored numerous warning signs. And this when they were already supposedly re-vamping in order to avoid repeats of a number of organizational failures of the recent past. So the public response is to give them greater power and less accountability? That makes perfect sense to me... NOT!!!

I’m willing to be charitable and concede that it was probably simple ineptitude on their part. But it is sad when the best-case scenario is that they don’t know what the Family they’re doing. Same thing with Dubya.

-Chris (The Pessemis’)