 Off-Topic / Debate / 21029
Re: Should we be concerned?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 06:59:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
   Man if I don’t log on for just one day some of these posts just get buried by others.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:

   Oh, I actively dislike Shrub. I hope that is very clear, no dodging necessary. I think he is the worst president we have had in my lifetime (which is to say the last 40 years or so).

I just had to address this statement. It actually reminded me of the way I felt about Clinton during his presidency. In 1992 when he was first elected I thought the world had gone crazy. How in the world could they elect a guy who was so obviously draft dodger, adulterer, and liar? I couldn’t possibly imagine any thinking rational person voting for him. I rationalized that they were voting against George H. W. “Read my lips” Bush, or that Perot stole away too many votes. Then during impeachment the same reaction, “has the entire country gone insane? Am I the only one who can see through the spin?” I began to feel some of the same level of anger and resentment toward Clinton, but now that his presidency is over I can evaluate it more objectively and admit I may have exaggerated that point.

Yes, but Clinton remembered one thing, “It’s the economy, stupid.” People knew that Nixon was a mean man, not an honest man. But they felt he could run the country. Clinton could run the country: not one of your complaints about him precludes that. And as to being a draft dodger: he stood up and was counted against the war instead of being a conflict-dodger-via-political-connections like Dubya, Quayle, Robertson, etc. Those of us who faced the draft during the Viet Nam war despise the hypocrits who wanted someone else to go fight the war the hypocrits wanted a lot more than anyone who protested.

-->Bruce<--