 Off-Topic / Debate / 21028
Re: Should we be concerned?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 05:01:37 GMT

   Please cite in the Constitution this “right”.

Article 9 and 10 of the Bill of Rights.

Would they license a horse? Don’t they license motorcycles and bikes?

Aren’t the roads called “rights of way.” We all have the right to travel -- this was recognized as early as Magna Carta in the common law. Who says the state may “license” my use of anything? To certify my ability to use the thing safely seems reasonable enough to me -- in fact, I would limit my freedom by the extent that I could prove safe use. But to treat me like a child as if I could not use the thing without the leave of the state is quite another. And let’s stop pretending that the driver’s license is anything but a near, almost de fact national ID -- we are but a database away from that already. That’s how common the right to drive is -- nearly everyone does it!

You people keep giving things away just because you have gotten used to your cages.

And BTW, I recognize your right to religious freedom, John. I also have the right to have opinions, and voice them, about your beliefs -- esp. when it comes to people like you trying to use their shared worldview to legislate morality.

It might surprise you the degree to which Muslims protect and are jealous of their womens chastity and humility. Hey, I don’t choose Islam for me, but then I don’t choose Xtianity either. Don’t force it on me. Don’t force it on anyone else. And I won’t let them come into your home and tell you what’s what either.

-- Hop-Frog