 Off-Topic / Debate / 20987
Re: Should we be concerned?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:21:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
Comeon froggy, I make no pretense about my ideology, but don't pretend not
to be anti-Bush, one merely has to browse a few of your past posts to find a
great deal of anger and disdain for this president. I would be suprised if
you could verbally say his name without spitting in disgust. There is a huge
difference between disagreeing with a mans politics and characterizing him
as an idiot.

Oh, I actively dislike Shrub.  I hope that is very clear, no dodging necessary.
I think he is the worst president we have had in my lifetime (which is to say
the last 40 years or so).  And I hope he is actually the idiot that I think he
may be -- if he is not, then we are in a great deal more trouble.  If Shrub is
unusually bright instead it also means that he is unusually manipulative and
self-serving to boot.  I am convinced that he has lied repeatedly to the
american people in service to an agenda that may have yet to fully reveal
itself.

In my not so humble opinion, agreeing with most of the foreign policy and
anti-terrorist mumbo jumbo forwarded by the present administration makes one
rather pointedly un-american -- I am dismayed that you can't see that from your
political perspective.  I see the loss of liberty very clearly.  And I am
vigilant of such things, as people like George Washington warned us american
citizens to be.

I am hard pressed to believe that a non-republican can defend this president's
lunacy as often as you seem to come to his defense.  But fine, you're not a
republican.  In a way that's worse: you are admitting to a kind of "treason"
against the spirit and letter of the U.S. constitution and you don't even rely
upon partisanship as an excuse.

-- Hop-Frog

I'm very much on the same lilly pad as Sir Frog here.
I've become EXTREMELY uncomfortable in the years since I've watched the Bush
dynasty flourish.  It all makes a thinking American either very paranoid or
disdainful of the American system's spiral downward.  I don't think the founders
of this nation would be pleased, as I am not.  Things just look far too sinister
to me.
The only good Bush,
Is a Burning Bush.
So sayith brother Moses.