 Off-Topic / Debate / 21040
Re: Should we be concerned?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Phillips wrote:
   The consolidation of power that has occurred since 9/11 sends a chill down my spine. Particularly because of the secrecy that protects the power structure today, barking either “national security” or “traitor” at anyone who would raise a voice of concern.

Exactly. This “with us, or against us” stuff is crazy. Why can’t a person be wholly patriotic and still want a moment to figure out what might be the truly correct response to a crisis?

   I think this is exactly inside-out. It is the policy makers from the Reagan/Bush Sr. administration(s) who are privy to Dubya’s puppet strings. Shrub is either far too stupid to have gotten where he is today by himself, or else he is the craftiest politician and best actor ever to snort coke. The ones who really hold the power in America are the people who never leave Washington. The presidency itself is too fleeting to be the actual seat of power. Instead, the post has become a lightning rod for the real power brokers who operate behind the scenes. Notice how smoothly Dick Cheney maneuvered himself into the co-pilot’s seat?

This is why I harp on people’s apparent partisan nonsense -- the parties are meaningless. “None of the above” gets my vote. And maybe it’s not precisely “Skull and Bones” but there is a power structure in D.C. that has nothing to do with your votes. I have stated this again and again.

   Why do you suppose the FBI allowed 9/11 to happen? They had all the clues sitting right there on their desks. Either they are completely inept or else they decided that 3,000 civilian lives lost was a small price to pay to advance their agenda of totalitarianism.

This part might be a little hardcore for me -- I would like to think it cannot be true that it was allowed to happen, but then again...

As my pal W.S. Burroughs was fond of lampooning: control is controlled by its need to control. Seems circular in reasoning, but it has all of the terrifying obviousness of addiction.

-- Hop-Frog