 Off-Topic / Debate / 21039
Re: Your Rights, Your Money...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:27:30 GMT

   The truth, (consistently overlooked by the liberal media) is that corporate welfare *vastly* outstrips individual welfare programs. On top of that, let’s consider the many millions of dollars in tax revenue lost when US companies base their operations in a PO Box in Bermuda.

Yes.

If anyone cares to track it back, I posted about this some weeks ago -- esp. the offshore corporation scam.

I repeat, corporations are granted special benefits as fictitious persons because they are supposed to provide a public good in the way of money returned to the community in doing business and by providing jobs and a not insubstantial tax base. But what happens when they won’t hold up their end of the bargain? In a lot of ways, we have de facto corporate welfare on demand whenever a corporation pulls the offshore scam.

-- Hop-Frog