 Off-Topic / Debate / 21038
Re: She's, for me, the best looking former First Lady...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:41:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:

I think I'll buy the book...

But President Hillary in 2008?  Are you guys down there ready for a woman
president?

I sure am, just not this one, I don't think she would ever win, she inspires a
great deal of hatred from many on the right.

I do find it interesting that she is writing about the affairs, I guarantee it
will sell more books, we humans are such suckers for scandals. But will it be
enough to recoup the 8 mil the publisher gave her in advance? Problably.

Scott C.
Member of the vast right wing conspiracy (according to Hillary)

Dubya had a great deal of, well, hatred's not a word that I'd use, but some sort
of ridicule from the Left...

I think it might be much like the past few elections--b/w Bubba and Bob Dole...

By the way, for the record, I would have really liked Bob as president--I
honestly liked him--he is a good man.

But Bubba won...

And Dubya against Gore--Al, nice guy and all, but was about as charismatic as a
cardboard cut out.  I think that impression was due to him being beside Bubba
all the time--Bubba could talk a person out of a glass of water in the desert...

So I think if HRC was running against an uncharismatic Republican (and there
aren't alotta those around...), I think she'd have a great chance.

Who would be the republican contender in 2008?  Cheney?  Not likely.  And that's
supposing that Dubya is better than his dad in getting a second term...

And in response to another point made in another post--Carter was the best
president you guys ever had--he had morals and convictions--I much equate him
with Bob Rae up here in Canada--intelligent, eloquent, and wise, but somehow I
don't think our two countries (economy, whathaveyou) were quite ready for their
standards.

I mean the presidents that make us happy, like Kennedy, Bubba, and such, (like
PET and.... well, PET up here in Canada) are these flamboyant and charismatic
folks but they seem to have "Lewinski-gates" at almost any opportunity.  Carter,
you never had that.  Anyway, that's just something I noticed.

Dave K