 Off-Topic / Debate / 21046
Re: She's, for me, the best looking former First Lady...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:10:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
And in response to another point made in another post--Carter was the best
president you guys ever had--he had morals and convictions--I much equate him
with Bob Rae up here in Canada--intelligent, eloquent, and wise, but somehow I
don't think our two countries (economy, whathaveyou) were quite ready for their
standards.

I actually agree, Carter was a very respectable, honest, moral and good hearted
man, he just wasn't a very effective leader. His economic plans were horrible,
and his forien policy was even worse. That said, Carter is possibly the greatest
ex-president we have ever had, not counting that whole North Korea thing.

I mean the presidents that make us happy, like Kennedy, Bubba, and such, (like
PET and.... well, PET up here in Canada) are these flamboyant and charismatic
folks but they seem to have "Lewinski-gates" at almost any opportunity.  Carter,
you never had that.  Anyway, that's just something I noticed.

That's not entirely true, during Carter's administration there was an
independant counsel investigation into some questionable business practices he
had been involved in. Carter cooperated fully with the counsel and was
completely exonerated.

And would someone tell froggy to put away those old playboys, those women are
all grandmothers now. :)

Scott C.