 Off-Topic / Debate / 12905
Re: LP statement on terrorist attacks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:05:39 GMT

But there is no requirement to agree with the GOP platform in order to
run as a GOP candidate. I haven't pored over Ron's speeches in the level of
detail to be able to tell if he bit his tongue or actually came out and said
"I don't support this and will work against it if elected". I would suspect
the latter though (with no proof either way short of doing the research).

  Hmm... I think I'm slipping back and forth between Paul's case(1), so
you're most likely correct about his consistency.  I was speaking more in
the abstract, conjecturing a case in which Candidate X ran under another
party by falsely professing to support that party's views, and then showing
his true colors once he got into office.  A very different situation from
Paul's, I expect.

     Dave!

1) Does anyone remember that short story?  The film adaptation starred Eric
Roberts, of all people