 Off-Topic / Debate / 12901
Re: LP statement on terrorist attacks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:33:53 GMT

The Republican party makes you sign no oath, and does not make you promise
that you support the R platform or that you aren't member of some other
party too.

What would *prevent* a LP member from running as a republican? He can say
the same platform he always would have if he was running as an L.

  I agree that if an LP member agrees with the tenets of the platform on
which he is running, then he's under no conflict.  If, however, he's (an
abstract "he" rather than Paul) biting his tongue on major issues with which
he might disagree (like campaign finance reform, for instance), then I think
he might be campaigning dishonestly.

If he has name recognition and can win the race, great.

  A la Howard Stern?   8^)

     Dave!