 Off-Topic / Debate / 12823
Re: LP statement on terrorist attacks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:33:29 GMT

I am still "done" but I spotted a bit of poor wording... fixing it:

Or will you in fact support whatever the president decides to do, whether
that be nothing or nuke the entire middle east? Goodness save us all if that
is a majority opinion. America is a country that is bigger than that I hope.

"that is a majority opinion" refers to the notion of supporting the
president no matter what is decided. I don't think nuking is likely to be a
majority opinion, (knock on wood) which is how the sentence could be
construed, my apologies for lack of clarity.

We must have a conscience. We must think for ourselves. Take Somalia for
example. The LP was strongly against that intervention. We can "support" the
military services to the extent of offering aid and comfort to the military
and their families while at the same time strongly disagreeing with what
they are doing.

"America, right or wrong" is a bit scary to me.