 Off-Topic / Debate / 12820
Re: LP statement on terrorist attacks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:10:32 GMT

But I digress.

What really gets up my nose about this particular subthread is someone
trying to suppress debate by accusing a group making its position known of
something false and rather repulsive.

And Ed is doing that with ultimately false charge of pandering. I'm willing
to postulate that it's overreaction on his part rather than deliberate
maliciousness. If he stops now.

But if he continues to call it pandering then I will question his motive.

Not an overreaction nor deliberate maliciousness.  Just stating my opinion that
the LP Statement is moot.  The LP must know that their opinion in this crises
is moot.  Whether or not you like it, the majority of the country could care
less about the LP (as the voters have decided) or their opinion.  The LP's only
reason to release the statement is self-promotion.  But unlike the "big two", I
have yet to see a statement that the LP would support the decisions of the
President in any actions taken (have I somehow missed it?).

Now exactly how am I supressing debate?